University at a glance
Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Khuzestan
In September 1954, the Ministry of Culture established the Ahwaz Faculty of Agriculture. In the same year, 28 students enrolled in the college after passing the entrance exams, and the first classrooms of the college were held in the Ahwaz Agricultural College. In 1336, 530 hectares of National Oil Company lands with small facilities (located 35 km northeast of Ahvaz city on the Ahvaz-Masjed Soleiman road) in Malasani district were donated to the Faculty of Agriculture and students were sent to Malasani for a short time. In the early years of 1339-1388, according to the contract concluded between the Ministry of Education and the Near East Foundation, the responsibility of managing the faculty was transferred to the said foundation; in this regard, for the first time, educational planning was performed and employment of full time and part time faculty members, equip various laboratories, build classrooms, dormitories, self-service, workshops, professors' houses, construction of botanical gardens, orchards, groves, construction of educational and production farms, animal husbandry and poultry farming began. Since 1347, the faculty came under the direct supervision of Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz (formerly Jundishapur). Simultaneously with the above developments, three new fields of study including: water and soil, production of plant products and animal husbandry were established and training programs for five fields of agriculture plant breeding, horticulture, soil science, irrigation and animal husbandry were developed and students were accepted for the aforementioned fields.
In 2003, the Higher Education Development Council of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology agreed to the independence of Ramin Higher Education and Research Complex affiliated to Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz to the Ramin Higher Education and Natural Resources Complex. This complex was separated from Shahid Chamran University in 2005 and continued to operate as an independent university, initially under the name of Ramin University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. Later, it was renamed Ramin Khuzestan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources and finally renamed Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Khuzestan in 2018. At present, this university is one of the major agricultural educational and research centers in the southern region of the country, which has more than 90 faculty members and about 2000 students studying at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels in the form of four faculties, 14 departments and 53 academic disciplines. By the end of 2020, it has published more than 3000 scientific articles in national and international journals as well as conferences. Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Khuzestan is the owner and publisher of six specialized journals; furthermore eight national conferences have been held or are being held by Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Khuzestan.